THE SECOND INTERNATIONAL FORUM ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY “EXPOPRIORITY-2010” (7-9 December 2010)
IP Congress delegates’ registration starts at 09:45 in the entrance hall of Pavilion 7
FIRST DAY OF THE FORUM
7th December 2010
Official opening ceremony of the Second International Forum on Intellectual Property «Expopriority-2010»
will take place in the Congress Hall of Pavilion 7, the 4th floor.
Participants: VIP guests, delegates of the International IP Congress, participants of the Event ‘Spotlight on Branding’ and the Trade Marks Conference, as well as participants of the Exhibition of Innovations.
PhD. Vladislav L. Malkevich, General Director, EXPOCENTRE.
Welcome addresses from: the Council of Federations of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation-(Alexandr P. Torschin, the First Deputy Head of the Council of Federations;, the World Intellectual Property Organization - Michal Svantner, Director of Department for certain countries of Europe and Asia, WIPO; the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry-- Sergey P. Alexeev, UFI Vice-President, President of Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs; International Chamber of Commerce – Tatjana Monegen, Head of ICC Russia; the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation – Vladimir P. Strashko, Vice-President; National Patent Agency ROSPATENT – Boris P. Simonov, Minister, Chairman of the Organizational Committee of the Forum.
* * *
IP Congress delegates after the Official opening ceremony of the Forum will have discussions within the frames of Sections go to held at the meeting rooms ‘Panorama’, ‘Banquet Hall’ and ‘Conference Hall’ of Pavilion 7 at 11:00.
The Event ‘Spotlight on Branding at EXPOCENTRE’ (Innovative Angle) will proceed in the Congress Hall of Pavilion 7 at 11:00.
VIP guests will be invited for the Official opening of the Exhibition of Innovations - at 12:00 in Pavilion 5.
VIP guests and patent rights’ owners of well known brands will be invited for the discussion ‘Brands in Russia’ – 13:00 at Pavilion 1, Entrance D, VIP-Club, the 3d floor.
BRANDS IN RUSSIA
Spotlight on Branding
11:00 start in Congress-Hall, Pavilion 7, 4th floor
- RUSBRAND, Non-Commercial Partnership
- Association of Communications Agencies of Russia
- Association of Branding Companies
- Russian Franchising Association
- RosBusiness Consulting
- Press Centre of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation
- Radio station ‘Commersant FM’
11.00 – Branding within the Global Environment
Branding in the Aftermath of Crisis. A path from a trade mark to a strong brand. Brands via Internet and digital media. Corporate brands: world experience and Russian features.
Guest Participants Invited:
- Alexey Popovichev, General Director, Rusbrand Non-commercial Partnership
- Oleg Beriev, President, Association of Branding
- Sergey Koptev, President, Russian Association of Communication Agencies
- Igor Pisarsky, Chairman, “R.I.M. Porter Novelle”
- Maria Khokhlova, President, Academy of Branding
- Igor Rozhkov, Pofessor, MGIMO (U), PhD
- Yuri Mikhailichenko, Executive Director, Russian Franchising Association
- Grigory Trusov, President, “Contact-Expert”, consulting company
- Andrey Chechin, Head, Russian Representative Office of “American Express”
- Vadim Kulikov, General Director, Company ‘VITRINA-A’
- Filipp Rybakov, HR Director, JTI Russia
13.00 – National Brands of Russia
The role of a brand as a basis for reputation capital (Good will). Regional branding.
National brands. Russia as a Brand
Alexandr P. Torschin, the First Deputy Head of the Council of Federations of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
David M. Yakobashvili, President of Noncommercial partnership ‘RusBrand’, Chairman of the Board of Directors of company ‘Vimm-Bill-Dann’
Russian State Duma deputies, member of the Council of Federations of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, heads of regional and municipal administrations, representatives of federal ministries and state bodies, Russian and transnational companies – owners of leading brands, mass media.
15.00 – Corporate Branding and Management
ÑWorkshop on corporate and effective management
Masaki Imai, President, Kaizen Institute (Japan)
16.00 – Branding vis. Fashion Industry
‘Personality factor’ of a designer in modern brand success. Role of branding for nifty clothes of premium class and in mass production sector. Patent protection of industrial designs.
Collection of Victoria Andrejanova Fashion House
- Victoria Andrejanova, fashion designer
- Alexander Shumsky, General Director, ‘Russian Fashion Week’
- Anush Gasparjan, Commercial Director, ‘Fashion Consulting Group’
17.30 – Buffet in the name of the Council of Federations of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation and EXPOCENTRE Fairgrounds
8 December 2010
A preview of the film: Feeling the way and a meeting with Yury Grymov, the film director.
TRADE MARKS CONFERENCE
8 December 2010
(Registration will take place in the entrance hall of Pavilion 7 since 9:45)
Section 1. Phenomenon of a Trade Mark
(10:30 start, Conference room, Pavilion 7, 2d floor)
10:30 – Phenomenon of an Effective Trade Mark
Moderators: Alexey V. Zalesov, Nadezhda G. Karabanova, Vladimir V. Lyzhin, Evgeny A.Komarov
- Vladimir V. Lyzhin, Patent Attorney, “Gorodissky and Partners”, JSC, Russia. Sign’s selection as a trade mark for its effective promotion on the Russian market and overseas.
- Nadezhda G. Karabanova, Head of section, IP State Institute,Russia.Madrid Agreement on International Registration of Trade Marks and Madrid Protocol. Optimal choice of protection instruments for a trade mark in national and international legal domains.
- Alexey V. Zalesov, Chairman, APPI, Russian Branch, Deputy General Director, SOJUZPATENT, JSC and Improper use of trade marks and commercial insignia in exhibition business.
- Evgeny A. Komarov, Executive Director, “Untex” Patenting/Legal Services Centre. Defending exclusive rights for a name claimed to be unique.
11.30 – Strong Brand Phenomenon
Moderator: Boris B. Leontjev, Andrew Purtov, Andrew Kudakov
- Boris B. Leontjev, WIPO expert, General Director, Federal Institute of Certification and Valuation of Intellectual Property and Business. Brand value management.
- Nikola Stanish, Managing Director of “Interbrand”. Estimation of a brand market value.
- Andrew Purtov, Editor-in-chief, Publication for International conresr of logos ‘Identity’, cofounder and General Director of ArtGraphics.ru . Corporate style as a basis for brand image.
- Andrew Kudakov,the President of the Council of ‘EurAsEs’ patent attorneys, Managing Partner of Patent Collegium “‘Kudakov & Partners” (Russia). Co ownership of trade marks – a requirement of economic environment.
Section 2. The Technoloigy of Branding
(10:30 start, ‘Banquet Hall’, Pavilion 7, 3d floor)
10.30 – Subject 1.Innovations in Branding
Moderators – Igor Ya. Rozhkov, Gizella G. Nikolaishvili
- Igor Ya. Rozhkov, Phd. Economics, Professor, MGIMO (U), MFA RF.
Trends and innovative technologies of modern branding.
- Margarita Vasilieva, General Director, Paprica company (St. Petersburg). Modern technologies and possibilities of naming.
- T.L. Bagaeva, PhD Social Sciences, General Director, Bounty SCA Ukraine (Ukraine). Socially oriented programs for brand promotion.
15.00 – Subject 2. Brand Communications
Moderators: Pavel E. Savitsky, Vadim Kulikov, Andrew Purtov
- V.G. Kulikov, General Director, “Vitrina-A”. Start-up.
- P.E. Savitsky, senior lawyer of legal firm “Mannheimer Swartling” (Sweden). Protection of Russian goods appearance on EC market and in Russia: trade marks and industrial designs. Trade marks’ mortgage.
- L.A. Mishina, vice-rector Small-scale business Academy. A brand in cultivating loyalty with a company staff, patriotism with a country’s population (psychological aspects).
- Andrew Purtov, Editor-in-chief, Publication for International conresr of logos ‘Identity’, cofounder and General Director of ArtGraphics.ru . Branding and the post crisis period.
- Alexey A. Shvetsov, Head of IP protection section, the Organizational Committee ‘Sochi-2014’. Legal regime features for using Olympic and Paralimpic symbols.
16.15 – Sublect 3. Franchising as an instrument of economy modernization
Moderators: Yury N. Mikhailichenko, Ekaterina .V. Sojak, Pavel E. Savitsky
- Yury N. Mikhailichenko, Executive Director, Russian Franchising Association. Franchising as an instrument of economy modernization.
- Pavel E. Savitsky, Senior lawyer of legal firm “Mannheimer Swartling” (Sweden). Franchising agreements in Russia: what should be paid attention to?
- Irina Stepanova, PhD, Head of practice, Patent AttorneyBerau ‘ Egorov, Puginsky, Afanasjev and Partners’ (St.-Petersburg, Russia). Franchising and adjoining agreements. Problems in application in the Russian environment.
Moderators: Oxana .L. Kurochkina, Andrew Kudakov, Mikhail V. Labsin
Trade Marks Protection within the Customs Union.
Litigation and Administration Practices in Connection with Trade/Service Marks
(10:30 start, Meeting room ‘Panorama’, Pavilion 7, 4th floor)
- Andrew Kudakov, the President of the Council of ‘EurAsEs’ patent attorneys, Managing Partner of Patent Collegium “‘Kudakov & Partners” (Russia). ‘ Madrid shield’ against counterfeit.
- Mikhail V. Labsin, ”Labsin & Partners” law firm, a Judge with the permanent mediation court Federal Arbitrage. Defending trade marks in court: status of the court system and court practices.
- Oxana L. Kurochkina, Deputy Head of Attorneys Collegium “Customs Attorney”; a representative from United Confectionary Makers, Russia. Ways to resolve collisions in the area of trade marks within the Framework of the Customs Union ( Russia, Belorussia, Kazakhstan)
- Mikhail V. Labsin, ”Labsin & Partners” law firm, a Judge with the permanent mediation court Federal Arbitrage. Review of legal & administrative practices in Russia connected with exclusive rights breaches for trade marks.
- a representative from Federal Antitrust Service of Russia. Proprietary names and other means of individualization and verbalization: cases of improper uses in commercial turnover. ‘Umbrella Signs’ and monopolization of markets.
117:30 FINALISING INNOVATIONS CONTEST. WIPO AWARDS.
DIPLOMAS AND PRIZES
Ð(Congress Hall, Pavilion 7, 4th floor)
18:30 Buffet for IP Congress Delegates, Delegates of Trade Marks Conference, participants of “Spotlight on Branding” and Exhibitors
(‘Hall of Fountains’, West Entrance)